Saturday, July 27, 2013

Hello Home!

     Greetings! It is currently Sunday morning in South Korea! We have not done much during the past several days. After our tour of South Korea, we began orientation for the English Mission Camp. We all came into this thinking that we would be teachers assistants. Not so!!! We found out that each of us would have our own classes to teach! My first reaction was "Ohhhh noooooo I don't think I can do this!!!" I panicked for about two days as I pictured myself teaching a class of third graders pretty much by myself!
    I went to talk to Mr. Baumann to share some of my concerns. She has been such a source of encouragement to all of us during this trip! She assured me that we are here to fulfill God's will! We might not have known that we were going to have our own classes, but He did! He brought us here to do His work and He will surely be with us through this whole experience! Looking back on this trip so far, He has certainly provided for us. Between our success in the Global Youth Forum and the smoothness of the trip, there is no doubt in my mind now that the English Camp will be a success.
    I would like to send a personal thank you to all of you at home. Thank you for watching our blog so faithfully. Thank you also to my family members who facetime me at bizzare hours of the night and morning to compensate for the thirteen hour time difference. It is so wonderful to be able to talk to you all! This afternoon, my team and I are going to the town of Mungyeoung to refresh our supply of snack food. My stash of protein bars and granola bars is no more. :( Hope you are all doing well and I look forward to seeing you when I return home in less than two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment