Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Our expeditions

So the last few days have been so much fun. We explored Seoul, visited a palace with a really long name that I can't remember, shopped, toured a 600 year old village, frolicked in a river, went to the scary no man's land between North and South Korea, saw the graves of the Christian missionaries who brought the Bible to Korea,  and spent countless hours on a party bus. It's honestly the coolest bus I've ever been on! It's hot pink on the outside, with colorful lights all over the ceiling, a sparkly floor, royal blue curtains, and a shimmery red steering wheel. And it has a flat screen tv in it. But anyway, it was a great time. We also got to meet up with one of our favorite middle school teachers, Mr. Tillman, who is currently living in South Korea. He's still pretty awesome, in case anyone was wondering.
Today is a down day. We didn't do much of anything but hang out. Our Red Lion friends leave tomorrow :( I'm pretty bummed about that, but they all live in our area so I'm sure we'll see them again. Tomorrow, the tocs team starts our training for the English camp which I am very excited for. I consider the English outreach camp the most important part of this trip. I'll keep everyone posted on how that goes once I know more about it.
Once again, thank you all for your prayers and support and for taking the time to follow our blog! Now I need to go mentally prepare myself for another delicious round of rice and kimchi.
Bye bye :)
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment