Saturday, July 20, 2013

Hi everyone,
Sorry we've kept you all waiting! We've been busying. The first few days were slightly rough. We were pushed well out of our comfort zone. We had to acclimate to the food, the time zone, the heat, missing our families, and living together in close corridors, but everyone here has been so gracious and hospitable, and we adjusted after about two days.
God's presence here has been absolutely overwhelming. I've met and learned from incredible speakers, and Mrs. Baumann and Mr. Crismon have been so encouraging throughout this whole experience. Yesterday was an especially challenging and exciting day. I was terrified. Never have I ever sung on a stage with a mike, nor do I claim to have any vocal abilities whatsoever, but I'm glad we did it. I think it got our message through to the audience and represented what we stand for in Christ. So I have no regrets. I am so blessed to be here with my team members.  I really couldn't ask for better friends. I also want to make a shout out to the Red Lion team. We've had each other's backs on this trip, and I'm going to miss them so much when they leave! (They aren't staying for the camp).
With that being said, thank you all for your prayers and support. They mean the world, and we couldn't have won without them!
God Bless,
Valerie

 

1 comment:

  1. New environment, new challenges, new friends, yet the focus remained constant :) What a gift to be stretched, to learn to grow, to share! What blessings come from all of it! Well done faithful servant! So much more to come!!!

    ReplyDelete