Thursday, July 25, 2013

The things I miss

Although I really love South Korea, there are a few things I would kill to have, and since I can't stop thinking about them, I might as well write it all down. First and foremost, I miss anything and everything deep fried! Cheese burgers have a very special place in my heart,  and rice just isn't filling the void. And oh, what I would do for some Chili's right about now, and it hasn't even been two weeks yet. I also really miss salt and ketchup. If I ever come back to South Korea, I'll definitely pack all the appropriate seasonings. I miss my mother's cooking, and I miss my own bed. Adding to that list, I miss toilets that actually flush toilet paper! One of the first things I had to do after 36 hours of traveling was learn to unclog the toilets that my friends so very promptly clogged (but really, nobody warned us).  I miss my family a lot, especially my mother and my cheerfully obnoxious little brother Luke. I miss a lot of things, but those are just at the top of my list at the moment.
I hope I'm not coming across as ungrateful, because although I miss all these things, there is an infinitely longer list of things that I'm grateful for! I'm so grateful for this opportunity, for the chance I've had to meet new people and learn about and serve God in new ways. Even after all these days spent together, I still love my team and couldn't ask for a better group of friends. There is no one I would rather be halfway around the world with! I'm also grateful for the support and the prayers we are continually receiving from home. They have been such an encouragement to us. This trip has not only given me more to be grateful for, but it's given me a new appreciation for what I already had. That's all for now!
Valerie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment